- CDD until February 2023, part-time position 5:30 p.m. per week
- Excellent opportunity to join the Library Services team
- Full-time salary $72,000 + 17% superannuation, pro-rated for part-timers
About the Opportunity
Positions and location as below:
Susan Wakil Library Camperdown – Part-time (5:30 p.m./week) CDD until 02/13/2023
the Site Services Advisor is responsible for providing and promoting high-quality, customer-focused services through in-person and online library support, library service delivery, and customer engagement activities.
In this role, you will provide staff, students and community members with information resources and services to support their learning, teaching and research at the University of Sydney.
Your main activities (teamwork) will consist of:
- respond to questions about library services and resources received through service points, mobile services, online and by telephone, this includes referring or forwarding questions to other library staff or to other areas of the university (if necessary).
- help clients locate and use online and in-person information resources and services, including those located outside of the university library
- support the coordination of a service delivery area, for example the coordination of local facilities and learning spaces or study unit reading lists.
While the roles will have home bases, the University Library reserves the right to transfer or rotate the location of these positions to one of its library locations based on workloads, professional development, or business needs.
This position is open between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday with the possibility of working overtime on weeknights and weekends
- evidence of high-level customer service skills and experience
- computer skills in a range of word processing, database, spreadsheet and web software
- experience contributing to a team, focusing on achieving team goals and supporting other team members
- creativity in the application of technology to support the improvement of existing services and work practices.
- Initiative, self-management and problem-solving skills are required to be successful in the role
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving work related to children. To undertake or retain this position, you must apply and obtain a Working with Children Check Permission in accordance with Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the position.
- Resume/resume; including contact details for at least three relevant references. Your resume/resume should be a maximum of five pages
- A statement addressing the essential criteria listed in the job description to describe how your skills and experience will meet the job requirements.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, via email at [email protected] to
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to view the job description for this role.
Wednesday 04 May 2022 23:59