Reports to: Learning Manager
Salary : Level 7 of the AGIA Prize $71,796 at 77,853 plus 10% pension
Roles Reporting To: None, but the incumbent may from time to time be required to coordinate the work of other learning staff.
Bundanon is a unique national and international artistic and educational center organization located in regional Australia. Home to a valuable $46.5 million art collection, bequeathed by artist Arthur Boyd, and complemented by an extensive collection of contemporary art, the organization creates residential apprenticeship programs for students of all ages and runs Australia’s largest artist-in-residence program. Our distinctive public programs bring audiences together with leading artists from all fields, scientists and local voices. More details on the history of Bundanonits vision and program can be found here: bundanon.com.au.
Bundanon reopened after a significant transformation, with the construction of a new art museum, educational facilities and associated accommodation and cafes/restaurants to support a wide range of cultural, tourist and commercial customers.
from Bundanon practice-based creative arts programs are democratic,center and designed for accessible and connected learning. Bundanoton Learning leaders support learners of all ages and abilities from schools and the wider community. from Bundanon unique learning sites inspire learning experiences that are explicitly connected to place and respect Indigenous ways of knowing, being and doing.
The learning manager is is part of a dedicated program team helping to realize Bundanon‘s objective of activating its creative, architectural and environmental heritage through learning principles.
The Learning Officer will work closely with the Learning Manager to support and provide the from Bundanon Learning programs.
Maintain positive, professional and effective communication with learning clients, including schools and busy teacher-professionals to support excellent planning and delivery of school visits.
Deliver Bundanon curriculum in an accurate and inclusive manner, with a strong focus on student learning needs and excellence in creativity education.
Support the coordination of learning events through the creation of accurate project management records and the preparation and management of learning materials.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Administer the learning programs:
- Facilitate and document inquiries and reservations for existing and potential customers.
- Connect knowledge of from Bundanon creative learning offerings to make recommendations to clients on program selection based on their current learning needs and interests.
- Prepare and update from Bundanon database regarding learning event bookings, clients and contacts.
- Ensure evacuation lists are accurate and accessible to all onsite residential learning visitors
- Administer correspondence, billing requests, records and assessment statistics for learning program reporting purposes.
- Liaise with the Director of Client Services and relevant operations staff regarding site infrastructure and learning program requirements.
- To coordinate meetings for the learning team
- Undertake routine correspondence, records management, telephone and email inquiries.
2) Deliver learning programs:
- Teach a range of art and design media drawing on instruction and learning practices.
- Prioritize and adopt a pedagogy that helps learners engage in critical thinking, creative problem solving, collaboration, and experiential learning.
- Research and maintain knowledge of from Bundanon exhibitions and engagement programs, vsartists-in-residence collections and projects to include in learning programs
- Share in-depth knowledge of the field of visual arts, creativity education and site responsive learning to help develop new contentlearning models and resources.
- With the Learning Manager, consult with First Peoples review existing programs and create new ones that include and responsibleindigenous ways of knowing, being and doing.
- Deliver learning programs in a way that is inclusive, democratic and actively respects the prior knowledge, needs, abilities and aspirations of diverse learners.
- Offer apprenticeship programs work to a timed agenda.
3) Document and promote learning programs:
- Write learning program documentation (describing learning intentions, materials, procedures, etc.) based on minutes of learning team programming meetings.
- Assist the Learning Manager in compiling relevant internal reports and contribute to external reports.
- Draft copy for learning team contributions to Bundanon website, program brochures and other promotional materials.
- Maintain an archive of relevant information Documentation learning programs.
4) Monitor and manage learning materials:
- Use learning programs and diaries to ensure that the correct and sufficient materials and equipment are in stock and prepared before each learning event.
- Maintain accurate records, careful and proper storage and maintenance of materials in learning art stores.
- youundertake regular inventories and art purchase materials and equipment as required and authorized by the Head of Learning.
5) Linksand with learning and community clients:
- Communicate professionally with from Bundanon learning customers, including K-12 schools, tertiary, adults and other community groups.
- Note any needs and interests communicated by customers that are not yet met by Bundanon learning programs and communicate them to the Learning Manager for consideration of future program development.
- Ensure that the needs of all on-site learning participants are met, including liaison for visit planning purposes, risk assessments, communication with bus drivers and companies, on-site training and preparation of visits and workshops.
- Ensure the safety of Staff, clients and volunteers.
6) Work with Bundanon teams
- To coordinate and attend internal and external meetingsincome stakeholders. Participate in the Curatorial and learning team meetings, as needed and attend all staff meetings
- Other duties as directed.
- Interest and knowledge of contemporary arts of all disciplines
- A teaching degree or diploma
- Ability to contribute to the development of new education program streams, including built environment, architecture and visual design, or other relevant disciplines
You will have or should obtain:
To apply, please send a motivation letter (optional), a statement in relation to the selection criteria listed above and a full CV including the names of three references (references will only be contacted after agreement with the candidate) to :
or by post to BundanonPO Box 3343, North Nowra, NSW 2541, Australia
by 10 a.m., Monday June 6 2022
Inquiries should be directed to:
Samantha McMahon, Learning Manager
sa firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 4422 2100