Bundanon is a unique national and international arts and education organization located in Illaroo, New South Wales. Home to a valuable $46.5 million art collection, bequeathed by artist Arthur Boyd, and complemented by a significant collection of contemporary art, the organization creates residential learning programs for students of all ages and runs Australia’s largest artist-in-residence program. Our distinctive public programs bring audiences together with leading artists from all fields, scientists and local voices. More details on Bundanon’s story, vision and program can be found here: bundanon.com.au.
Bundanon has reopened after a significant transformation, with the construction of a new art museum, educational facilities and associated accommodation and cafes/restaurants to support a wide range of cultural, tourist and commercial customers.
The Director of Corporate Services manages corporate-wide support services to enable Bundanon Trust to operate in a supportive, compliant and efficient manner. The post holder will have extensive experience in government reporting, strategic planning and in the arts sector.
This full-time position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Remuneration: $123,000 per year (including 10% retirement pension)
Corporate and strategic planning and reporting
Keeping records and archives
Meet the reporting requirements of key stakeholders, in particular the Australian government.
Prioritize job requirements and manage competing tasks in times of change.
1. Corporate governance
- Ensure that Bundanon Trust meets its obligations under the PGPA Act and all other legal frameworks.
- Assume the role of company secretary, keep minutes of its meetings and assume responsibility for all relevant legal and compliance matters.
- Convene the Audit and Risk Committee and keep minutes of its meetings.
2. Business and strategic planning
- Along with the Board, CEO and other senior executives participate in corporate and strategic planning to enable Bundanon to achieve its objectives
- Oversee the preparation and timely delivery of all internal and external reports, including corporate and strategic plans.
- Monitor and report on alignment with key performance indicators across the organization.
- Prepare reports, correspondence and submissions for all levels of government. Coordinate the capture of statistics and develop performance reports required for all levels of government, in particular the Australian government.
- Respond to information requests and observe compliance requests from all external stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage timely reporting for the discharge of grants and other contributions from external stakeholders.
- Coordinate risk reporting to board and OFTA
- Oversee the preparation and timely delivery of the audit and annual report.
4. Keeping records and archives
- Administer appropriate systems for maintaining the Trust’s digital and paper records and archiving systems.
- Recommend staff training to ensure systems are managed on a day-to-day basis and monitor compliance.
- Ensure that the Trust complies with legal record keeping requirements in accordance with its legal and corporate status.
5. Other tasks
- Represent the organization in negotiations and in public forums.
- Participate in the extended management team of Bundanon
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Advanced degrees in arts administration and management or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a comparable role
- Understanding of government and public company reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience in strategic and business planning
- Thorough understanding of the operating environment of a non-profit or government arts organization.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of Sharepoint as a records management system and other O365 applications
- Highly developed skills in problem solving, analysis, research, reporting and evaluation.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a multidisciplinary team.
You will have or should obtain:
Verification of current work with children, National police control. current NSW class C driving licence, current full COVID-19 vaccination
Bundanon is committed to ensuring that our work environment is free from discrimination and harassment.
To apply, please send a motivation letter (optional), a statement in relation to the selection criteria listed above and a full CV including the names of three references (references will only be contacted after agreement with the candidate) to :
or by post to Bundanon, PO Box 3343, North Nowra, NSW 2541, Australia
before 10 a.m., Monday, May 9, 2022
Inquiries should be directed to:
Mark Johnson, COO
(02) 4422 2100